Dawid is an experienced litigator with over 10 years of experience in disputes over intellectual property. He acts as lead counsel in litigation concerning patents, designs, trademarks, copyright, & unfair competition.
He represents clients in opposition & invalidation proceedings re. IP in the Polish Patent Office, Polish administrative courts, and the European Union Intellectual Property Office in Alicante (EUIPO). He also regularly assists clients in anti-counterfeiting activities.
Dawid’s area of expertise also includes IP and IT contracts, IP registration strategies, and regulatory issues related to e-commerce and GDPR.
Highlights of his professional experience include:
- multijurisdictional patent disputes concerning law-defining issues such as second medical use or doctrine of equivalents,
- trademark infringement & invalidation matters related to trademarks of repute, 3D trademarks, and combination of colors,
- design & copyright infringement disputes regarding external appearance of products such as furniture, accessories, lighting, clothing, and household items.
Among his clients are companies from sectors such as pharma, medical devices, clothing, toys, gaming, and lighting.
- Faculty of Law and Administration, Jagiellonian University, Kraków,
- Postgraduate studies in Law of New Technologies, Koźmiński University, Warsaw,
- Degree in cultural studies, Faculty of Philosophy, Jagiellonian University, Kraków,
- Patent Attorney Traineeship, Polish Chamber of Patent Attorneys, Warsaw.
- Commentary on extensive amendments to the Code of Civil Procedure introducing IP courts in Poland (Wolters Kluwer 2021 – co-author, in preparation),
- Showing a design without a registration is a mistake, Gazeta Prawna (2016),
- The entrepreneur will have to monitor trademarks himself, Gazeta Prawna (2016),
- EDB database. Better protection of intellectual property rights, Euro Info (2016),
- EU funds: What to consider when concluding a consortium agreement, Gazeta Prawna (2016),
- Changes in Industrial Property Law. Relevance to Business, Euro Info (2016),
- What can be patented? A quick guide to industrial property, Euro Info (2016).
- Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law,
- Polish Chamber of Patent Attorneys,
- International Trademark Association (INTA).